Cosplay Matsuri Masquerade 2018
Calling all Cosplayers! It’s time to strut your Cosplay! Cosplay Matsuri presents the 2018 Masquerade! An annual tradition that recognizes the talents of cosplayers of all classes and skill sets.
Just a quick #PSA. We’ve been asked by the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre to remind our attendees who plan to change into their #cosplay at Cosplay Matsuri to please use the Washroom facilities upstairs which is designated for use by Cosplay Matsuri. Our washrooms are much more spacious and will make it easier for you to don your cosplay which you worked so much on!
Thank you again from the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre and Unplugged Expo x Cosplay Matsuri!
- Each person may present only once during the Masquerade.
- No dangerous items will be allowed on stage. Weapons policy must be followed at all times.
- No purchased on rented costumes may be entered in the Masquerade.
- No nudity will be permitted. All cosplays must be in good taste and consideration for the younger members of the audience.
- Entrants must report to the Masquerade Director at the appointed time. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- The Masquerade Director may eliminate any entrants for violation of policy/rules or for any other reason deemed just.
- All entrants are required to provide their own music which can be in MP3 format on a USB drive or also playable through a media device or phone.
- Maximum time limit for your performance will be limited to no more than 2 minutes in length to accommodate all entrants.
*If you have questions please see the Masquerade Director
Non Competitive Showcase: If you only wish to show your cosplay without entering as a competitor.
Novice Division: A competitor who has not won any major awards at a masquerade or other costuming contest
Journeyman Division: A competitor who has won less than 3 awards at a masquerade or other costuming contest
Artisan Division: A competitor who has won 3 or more awards at a masquerade or other costuming contest
Master Division: A competitor who has won 3 or more awards and Best in Show awards at a masquerade or other costuming contest
*Please note if there are not sufficient entrants to fill a division, all entries will be judged in a lower division.